· Arises in the bone and surrounds the crown of the tooth and is a dilation of the follicle.
· Attached to the neck of the tooth.
· Dentigerous cyst can cause pain or no pain.
· Affected teeth id often displaced.
· commonly associated with unerupted third molars and canines.
· May be mistaken radiographically for an odontogenic keratocyst or ameloblastoma.
· Respond to enucleation or masupialisation and do not recur after treatment.
· Occationally pseudoloculation as a resault of trabeculation or ridging of the bony wall can be seen.
· Slow growth causes sclerotic bony outline and well defined cortex.
· Lining of dentigerous cyst typycally consist of thin,sometimes bilaminar,stratified epithellium,frequently with numerous mucous cells.
· Epithelium may be occationally keratinized by metaplasia.
· Fibrous wall similar as Radicular cyst but inflammatory changes are typicaly absent.